Photo Credit: Julienne Schaer. On a calm, warm summer night, Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto’s Sushi and Sake Sunset Sail is the perfect way to enjoy the harbor. This light dinner sail features a refreshing assortment of four sake flights that are perfectly paired with two plates of sushi. Dinner is served on New York’s newest and most sophisticated schooner, America 2.0. While relaxing and enjoying the calming waves as they brush against the boat, you will observe the New York skyline, Battery Park, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Read more here.
Do you love sushi? Do you love sailing? Do you love sunsets? I’m going out on a limb here and guessing you’re a fan of all three (we’re not friends anymore if you said no, sorry.) Guess what, this isn’t just a culinary fantasy — from now until September 21 Classic Harbor Line and Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto will offer a light-dinner sail on deck of one of New York’s newest schooners.
I partook in the sail this past Wednesday and it was truly dreamy. We sailed past iconic landmarks such as Battery Park, Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty. It was a beautiful and breezy escape from the hot concrete of the city.
But let’s talk about the star of the show — the sushi. The menu includes a sampling of nine sushi pieces and one roll served in two platings and paired with four sake flights. Everything is served super fresh, stored in special coolers just one hour before the sail.
If you want to snack on some of the highest grade sushi in the city, sip sake all while sailing down the Hudson River, you can buy tickets here.
There is still a solid month left of summer and still time to take a mini cruise and enjoy the historic and dramatic NYC waterfront!!
You do NOT want to miss this enjoyable adventure with perfect boating weather on one of these signature cruises this SEPTEMBER:
AIA Around Manhattan Architecture Tours
Morimoto Sunset Sushi & Sake. This was my favorite! See pictures here. Yes! I took those gorgeous photos. Non-professional!
AND IN OCTOBER:
Classic Harbor Line is hosting many special Architecture Boat Tours for ArchTober including new featured guide cruises for a sneak preview of Fresh Kills Park in Staten Island and first ever Queens waterfront Boat Tour with Guest Guide Queens Boro President Melinda Katz.
Also in October, Classic Harbor Line is partnering with Swedish Camera Maker www.hasselbladusa.com to offer the best photos of the FALL FOLIAGE Cruises up the Hudson River.
Classic Week Races Weekend October 11th-13th you can get the chance to ride on a racing schooner in NYC Harbor www.nyharborsailing.com
Visit for tickets www.sail-nyc.com
As our warm-weather days are winding down, let us not forget that there is still time to plan a summer adventure with your friends and family. The Classic Harbor Line of New York offers guests a variety of experiences–none of which involve the stress of dealing with airlines and hotels. The cruises are great for any family, couple, or friend group looking for luxury the way it’s supposed to be–hassle free! Take a peek at some of the exciting packages and spend the day or night on the waters of New York City.
1. The Architecture Cruise. This option provides guests with the opportunity to experience New York through the eyes of AIANY (American Institute of Architects New York) members, who guide the tour and introduce Lower Manhattan’s greatest skyscrapers, as well as the key features alongside the East River. Learn about New York City and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and champagne with your party as you cruise on a Gatsby-style yacht. For two hours and forty-five minutes, you will pass under eighteen of Manhattan’s bridges and circumnavigate the island. This cruise is ideal for any party, any size, and is regarded by many as one of the best experiences that Classic Harbor Line has to offer. Also note that due to popular demand for this type of cruise, Classic Harbor Line is also offering various time slots made available to all!
2. Schooner Sailing. The Schooner America 2.0 is the pioneer in relaxing daytime cruises. Built in 2011, it caters to the customer looking to truly kick back on the seas and embrace the breeze of New York’s Harbor. On the Schooner, you can experience true boating and get to know the harbor in an entirely new way. This option accommodates any size group from 6 to 60, and includes a narrated presentation of the island of Manhattan.
3. Sunset Jazz. Enjoy some evening jazz and a complimentary drink on this cruise when you depart from the Chelsea piers on a Sunday afternoon. This cruise is the perfect option for a romantic date, featuring the talents of the cruise’s very own trio “The Sound Waves” playing works of Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Duke Ellington. Admire the views with your party all the way from Battery Park to Brooklyn in this one and a half hour cruise.
4. Chef Morimoto Sunset Sushi & Sake. The famous Morimoto from the Food Network’s Iron Chef can be found on Classic Harbor Line’s Sunset Sushi & Sake cruise. This option is adaptable to guests, as you can choose the ways in which you would like your food served. Request an open saki bar if you wish, or fine cuisine served buffet-style. These cruises can be scheduled privately, however there is a selection of pre-scheduled Morimoto cruises if you would like to purchase tickets at a predetermined date.
5. Brunch. This option includes a delectable ensemble of meal choices for each guest to enjoy. What could be better than brunch on a leisurely weekend? Brunch with a breathtaking view of Downtown Manhattan, of course. The menu offers a variety of brunch favorites, from Belgium Waffles to Salmon Platters. And be sure to save room for some Italian cookies and fresh fruits for dessert! This type of cruise is the perfect way to spend a day catching up with loved ones and rekindling your inner foodie.
6. Wine Tasting. There are multiple Wine-Tasting options at Classic Harbor Line, NY. Each wine featured on the cruise is carefully selected and served to each guest, alongside the finest artisan and farmside cheeses. And if you have no time left during the summer to schedule one of these wine-tasting cruises, they are also offered during the holidays, an ideal way to celebrate the season in style.
7.Full Moon. The Full Moon Cruise Option provides an opportunity to sail beneath the stars. You’ll sail by Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, among other city icons. There’s nothing like New York past sunset; guests will watch the city come alive. Complimentary wine, beer, and champagne will be provided to those who choose to attend the Full Moon Cruise, created with elegance and sophistication in mind.
8. Full Day Bear Mountain. This nine-hour long event begins with an open breakfast buffet and travels north throughout the Palisades and the lower Hudson River Valley. After the boat docks at Bear Mountain, guests enjoy three hours of outdoor activities. This cruise is perfect for families and friends who enjoy hiking and exploring. If you wish, you can also visit the museum or zoo alongside the beautiful Hessian Lake!
If you’ve got a free day to spare and you’re looking for something to do with friends and family, then browse through the selection of cruises offered by Classic Harbor Line! There is bound to be one that fits your taste, time constraints, and craving for luxury. Don’t let the last month of summer fly by; these cruises are the perfect opportunity to get away from the hustle of the city…but not too far away!
Instead of sitting back and watching summer slip right through your fingertips, it’s time to grab it by the horns.
And where’s the best place to do that? On a boat, obviously.
Leave the Circle Line for the tourists, because these cruises are anything but ordinary. You’ll indulge in fresh local grub, enjoy some off-kilter entertainment, and maybe even learn a thing or two.
Yelling, “I’m on a boat!” never felt this good.
Whether you’re trying to impress your date or just get your fill of fresh seafood out on the water, the Morimoto Sunset Sushi Cruise serves up sushi from NYC’s Iron Chef Morimoto along with an assortment of crisp sake.
While you nosh, enjoy unparalleled views of the skyline, Ellis Island and more aboard the Classic Harbor Line’s newest and largest vessel, the America 2.0.
Book it: $124, at zerve.com/sailnyc